Leitrim Association of People with Disabilities (LAPWD) Urgently looking for a
PERSONAL ASSISTANT (PA) in the CARRICK ON SHANNON AREA
A Personal Assistant (PA) is sought to provide daily living support to a disabled woman (Leader) living independently in Carrick on Shannon. The PA will act as the Leader’s legs and eyes in her day-to-day life, taking direction from the Leader in a respectful, professional manner.
- Assistance in preparing meals (vegan)
- Light housework: washing up, laundry, cleaning, and tidying.
- Feeding assistance dog
- Putting bins out and other domestic tasks.
- Managing specialised support cushions on bed and sofa
- Trips to the shops to get fuel, occasional messages.
- This is a part-time position, totalling between 7 and 12 hours a week (to be decided with the successful applicant) over a 7-day week roster.
- Very competitive rates of pay from €14.70 per hour plus higher anti-social rates available.
- All successful applicants will be Garda Vetted.
If this sounds like the job for you, please supply an up-to-date CV to the address below as soon as possible or would like more information please get in touch, you can send your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0719651000
LAPWD is an Equal Opportunities Employer
The successful candidate must have good communication and listening skills; be able to take direction as well as to take initiative; be respectful to all people, regardless of gender identity, race, disability, sexuality, religion, age, ethnicity (including membership the Travelling community); a willingness to engage in training and work within the Philosophy of Independent Living and the social model of disability.