Next years Register of Electors is now being compiled. To ensure that you and members of your household will be registered complete and return the form.( contact us we can send you the form 0719651000)
A. Be sure to Include:
- every person over 18 living at your address;
- Any 17 year olds who will be 18 by 15th February next;
- Any eligible person who normally lives at your address but is temporarily away;
- The name and precious address of anyone listed over who had taken up residence in the past 2 years.
B. Do not include:
- A visitor staying temporarily at your address.
While every resident is entitled to be registered, the registration authority (your city, county or city and county councils) need to know a person's citizenship to determine the elections at which they may vote.
The right to vote is as follows:
Irish citizens may vote at every election and referendum; British citizens may vote at Dáil, European and local elections; EU citizens( other that Irish and British Citizens) may vote a European and local elections: NON-EU citizens may vote at local elections.